As I get older, time really does seem to speed up. 2008 went by very fast. I can’t believe it has been over 2 years since I graduated from TCU and moved to Chicago. Or that I am a semester away from having a law degree.
I think it is nice to reflect and remember everything that went on this year. This year included many firsts.
I ran my first race: Shamrock Shuffle 8K with Brian and Julia.
I visted NYC with Dave which included a Yankees game in the old Yankee Stadium…
…and Carrie’s apartment steps of course.
I enjoyed the farmer’s market throughout the summer and fall and tried to educate myself about living a more sustainable/ethical eating lifestyle.
I started this blog and greatly expanding my cooking and baking knowledge.
I voted for our next President and for the first woman to run for President.
We saw the fall of many historical financial institutions and a frozen crumbly economy. I lost a job for the first time.
Even though there is a lot of uncertainity coming in 2009, I am excited for the new year to come. I will
likely be done with school, begin my legal career and turn 25 (how is that even possible?!).
Here are my hopes for 2009:
1) Continue to try to love running by training to finish the Shamrock Shuffle with a 10 min. mile time and the Soldier Field 10 Mile.
2) Lose 10 pounds by graduation and 20 by this time next year (#1 should help)
3) Pass the bar!
4) Learn to make fresh pasta and good pie dough
5) Try not to dwell on the bad things in life (finding a job, BarBri, student loans) and focus on the good things (Dave, my Mom,
FaceLucy, my friends, my kitchen)
6) Take better food pictures to hopefully appease the tastespotting/foodgawker gods
I hope you are enjoying your NYE. I am probably not even going to make it to midnight because I have a 9AM flight to Orlando for a vacation with Dave and his family.
See you in 2009!